Poultry protein is an important food source for cultures across the globe. ?Protecting the global supply of high quality poultry meat and eggs to the fast growing human population is critical. This is why Ceva has made a major commitment to poultry vaccination technology. ?Through our poultry vaccines, equipment and services, Ceva can help protect both animal health and human health, as well as to support food safety and security.
The WORLD LEADER in IMMUNE COMPLEX and VECTOR vaccine technology
TRANSMUNE?IBD:? Immune complex technology against IBD.
Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD) has been a long standing challenge in the field. Producers needed a vaccine that worked in the presence of a relatively high level of maternal antibodies.
In response, Ceva developed TRANSMUNE??IBD, a unique vaccine utilizing upgraded immune complex technology that eliminated the difficulties of vaccinating for IBD by overcoming the challenge of when to vaccinate and the problem of non-uniform administration in the chicken house.? It also made it possible to provide lifetime protection against all forms of IBD with a single dose administered via in ovo (in the egg) or subcutaneous injection.
Today, Ceva offers the broadest range of disease protection with vector vaccines in the world including?VECTORMUNE? FP-MG?poultry vaccines using the fowl poxvirus as a vector, and VECTORMUNE? ND which uses the turkey herpes virus as the vector.
VECTORMUNE??vaccines have been proven highly effective in billions of birds around the world providing protection against the broadest combination of avian diseases. They provide advanced protection against disease through:
- No loss of production:?Virtually no chance of the host becoming ill from the agent.
- Less vaccination:?VECTORMUNE??vaccines induce a long-lasting response so there is generally no need for revaccination in the field which reduces labor cost.
- No viral shedding:?The novel technology utilized in VECTORMUNE??vaccines eliminates the risk of seeding the environment with viral agents that could lead to uncontrolled infection in the house.
- Improved safety:?By providing protection without rolling reactions or shedding, VECTORMUNE??vaccines help promote poultry health by reducing the number of agents the flock “sees” throughout the production process.
By making a difference for our customers Ceva has become a leader in vaccine solutions:
- The largest producer of vector vaccines in the world with the broadest range of combinations : VECTORMUNE? ND, VECTORMUNE??FP-LT, VECTORMUNE? FP-MG, and many more.
- No 1 in the world in immune complex technology : TRANSMUNE??IBD
- No 1 in the world in Gumboro vaccines: TRANSMUNE??IBD,?VECTORMUNE??IBD,?CEVAC? IBD L, and?CEVAC? GUMBO L
- Full range of Infectious Bronchitis vaccines: Cevac IBird?, Cevac? Mass L, Cevac? Bron 120 L
- Full range of Marek's Disease vaccines: Cevac? MD HVT Rispens, Cevac? MD Rispens
- No 1 in salmonella vaccines in the U.S.: LAYERMUNE??SE?and LAYERMUNE??3
- The first broad spectrum inactivated vaccines: CEVAC? CORYMUNE 4K, CEVAC? CORYMUNE 7K?combining Salmonella, Coryza and the major viral diseases in one vaccine.
- No 1 in U.S. in chicken anemia virus (CAV) vaccine sales: CIRCOMUNE?
- One of the major global providers in Avian Influenza vaccines:?VECTORMUNE? AI
- More than 1,000 licensed poultry biologicals worldwide
Poultry Biology expertise is now gathered in 7 R&D and production centres:
- Ceva Phylaxia campus - Budapest (HUNGARY)
- Ceva Biomune campus - Lenexa (Kansas - USA)
- Ceva Campinas campus - Campinas (BRAZIL)
- Ceva Japan campus - Yokohama (JAPAN)
- Ceva Cuernavaca campus - Cuernavaca (MEXICO)
- Ceva Huadu campus - JV with HUADU - Beijing (CHINA)
- Ceva Vetech campus - Guelph (CANADA)
From one country to another, product lines are adapted to local demand and regulatory requirements. For further information, please take a look at the Ceva Santé Animale site for your country. Warning: the information provided on the products depends on national registrations. Access to technical information is restricted to authorised persons.